SUNY Distinguished Professor
Dept. of Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering , University at Buffalo
Google Scholar Profile
Former Director (2003-2008) and Deputy Director (1998-2003) of MCEER
- B. Sc. Civil Engineering, Université Laval, Québec, 1983
- M.S. Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 1984
- Ph.D. Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 1987 (With specialization in Earthquake Resistant Design).
- Practical experience gained working for the design offices of Morrison Hershfield Limited, North York, Ontario, and Buckland and Taylor Ltd, North Vancouver, B.C.
- Regularly providing consulting services to the industry.
Welcome to my web page. Feel free to browse
Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, 130 Ketter Hall
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, 14260.
Email: bruneau A*T buffalo.edu (syntax shown is in "address munging" mode, to defeat the email-address harvesters of spammers. Replace A*T by @ in actual email address)
Want to talk to the human version:
Phone: (716) 645-3398 (Department of Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering)
(but then again, I have voice mail...)
Fax: (716) 645-3733 (Department of Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering)
NOTE: To Students Emailing their cv's
Most professors nowadays receive countless unsollicited emails from individuals who would like to participate in their research activities, either as interns, graduate students, post-doctoral students, or visiting professors. Feel free to forward such information, but note that, due to time constraints and the high volume of correspondence received, I am generally unable to acknowledge reception and/or reply to these letters. Given that admission to our graduate program is on a competitive basis, all applications being reviewed by a departmental committee, it is recommended that prospective graduate students follow the directives of the Department of Civil, Structural, and Environmental Engineering (see http://www.civil.buffalo.edu/grad_adm.shtml ).