Naval STEM Week: High School Outreach
The UB Women in STEM Cooperative has planned a great outreach program with local high school students to introduce them to STEM career paths in the shipyard and at sea to complement the historic commissioning of the USS Little Rock LCS9 in Buffalo on Dec. 16, 2017.
Wednesday, Dec. 13The UB Women in STEM Cooperative has arranged for an exclusive ship tour aboard the USS Little Rock LCS9 at Canalside for high school students from UB partner school, Research Laboratory Program for Bioinformatics & Life Sciences to encourage STEM career exploration in a non-traditional setting. Our student group is only one of five student groups awarded this privilege and the only non-JROTC school!
Friday, Dec. 15
The UB Women in STEM Cooperative has scheduled an onsite visit to WNY Maritime Charter School on Friday, Dec. 15 featuring Ms. Jan Allman, CEO of Fincantieri Marinette Marine and Ms. Camille Flaherty, CDR US Navy (retired) as successful women role models. We will be joined by Kenneth Escobar, an engineering/physics student at UB as we explore careers in STEM.
STEM for Everyone: Stories from Students
Wednesday, March 7
Noon – 1 p.m. | 210 Student Union
We invite undergraduate and graduate students to submit proposals for 5-minute presentations about STEM. Presentations are being sought about a STEM topic, or an existing research project, provided in language that is easily understandable by the general public. Learn more about submitting a presentation proposal (PDF).
The Next 10 Years: Helping STEM Students Thrive
Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Jan. 10, Feb. 14, and March 14
12 - 1:30 p.m., EST | Online
The UB Women in STEM Cooperative is proud to debut the The Next 10 Years: Helping STEM Students Thrive series, an original online collaboration between Cornell University and the University at Buffalo featuring the perspectives of national thought leaders and institutional representatives about expanding the participation of women in undergraduate STEM education at different scales as informed through the lens of higher education trends, institutional practices, learning spaces, and introductory undergraduate courses in STEM.
- STEM for Everyone: Stories and Examples from Students, Nov. 9, 2017
- Women in STEM Cooperative Fall Mixer, Sept. 7, 2017
- STEM for Everyone: Stories and Examples from Students, Apr. 25, 2017
- Annual Women in STEM Summit, Apr. 5, 2017
- Lunch Lecture Series, March 21, 2017
- Lunch Lecture Series, Sep. 14, 2016
- WNY Premiere Screening of CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap and Panel Discussion, May 17, 2016
- Women in STEM Summit, Apr. 13, 2016
- Lunch Lecture Series, Mar. 9, 2016
- Lunch Lecture Series, Feb. 24, 2016
- Women in STEM Lunch Lecture, July 29, 2015
- Women in STEM Summit, Apr. 23, 2015
- 5050 by 20150 Tweetathon, Oct. 20, 2014
- Sit With Me Celebration, Mar. 4, 2014